KNOLLWOOD terms of service
LAST UPDATE: AUGUST 17, 2022
TERMS OF SERVICE
These terms service (the “Terms of Service”) are a legal agreement between you and Knollwood Consulting Partners LLC (“Knollwood”, “we,” “us,” or “our”). These Terms of Service specify the terms under which you may access and use our website located at https://www.knollwood.com/ (the “Site”).
THE SECTIONS BELOW TITLED “BINDING ARBITRATION” AND “CLASS ACTION WAIVER” CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THEM.
If you accept or agree to this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to the Agreement and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
1. THE SITE
No login is required for visitors to the Site. Visitors can access all publicly-available content and features of the Site, and can contact us using the contact link on the Site.
2. OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Site contains material, such as software, text, graphics, images, and other material provided by or on behalf of us or our licensors (collectively referred to as the “Content”). The Content may be owned by us or third parties. Elements of the Site are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other state and federal laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part, by any means, including, but not limited to, the use of framing or mirrors. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content. We reserve the right to remove Content from the Site at any time for any reason without any notice to you.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos of Knollwood (the “Knollwood Trademarks”) used and displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of ours. Other company, product, and service names displayed on the Site may be trademarks or service marks owned by others (the “Third-Party Trademarks,” and, collectively with the Knollwood Trademarks, the “Trademarks”). Nothing herein should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use. Use of the Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of Knollwood Trademarks inures to our benefit.
If you provide any suggestions, feedback, comments or other input related to the Site or any enhancements or other improvements of the Site (collectively, “Feedback”), you hereby assign us all right, title, and interest in and to such Feedback and agree that we may use or otherwise incorporate such Feedback into the Site or our other products or services, and otherwise use the Feedback in any manner that we choose, without restriction or royalty or attribution of any kind to you or any third party.
3. USAGE RIGHTS AND RESTRICTIONS
When using or accessing the Site, you agree that:
- You will not upload, transmit, or otherwise make available any documents, images, texts or other materials (collectively, “User Content”) that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- is defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, promotes violence or illegal activity, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity); or
- discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
- You will comply with all applicable laws in your use of the Site and will not use the Site for any unlawful purpose;
- You will not access or use the Site to collect any market research for a competing business;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not interfere with, or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of, the Site through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any Content, data, files, or passwords related to the Site through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means;
- You will not decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Site;
- You will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any advertisements and/or safety features on the Site;
- You will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission;
- You will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure;
- You will not allow anyone to access and use your account;
- You will not resell, distribute, or sublicense the Site or use it for the benefit of anyone other than you or your business;
- You will not remove or modify any proprietary markings or restrictive legends placed on the Site; and
- You will not introduce, post, or upload to the Site any Harmful Code. As used herein, “Harmful Code” means computer code, programs, or programming devices that are intentionally designed to disrupt, modify, access, delete, damage, deactivate, disable, harm, or otherwise impede in any manner, including aesthetic disruptions or distortions, the operation of the Site, or any other associated software, firmware, hardware, computer system, or network (including, without limitation, “Trojan horses,” “viruses,” “worms,” “time bombs,” “time locks,” “devices,” “traps,” “access codes,” or “drop dead” or “trap door” devices) or any other harmful, malicious, or hidden procedures, routines or mechanisms that would cause the Site to cease functioning or to damage or corrupt data, storage media, programs, equipment, or communications, or otherwise interfere with the operations of the Site.
- You will not upload, transmit, or otherwise make available any documents, images, texts or other materials (collectively, “User Content”) that:
4. NO WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMTIATION, THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR SIMILAR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES.
WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES, CORRECTIONS, AND/OR IMPROVEMENTS TO THE SITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
IN CONNECTION WITH ANY WARRANTY, CONTRACT, OR COMMON LAW TORT CLAIMS: (I) WE AND OUR LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND (II) ANY DIRECT DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (I) MONIES YOU HAVE PAID US IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENTS GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM, OR (II) ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS ($100).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE SHALL AFFECT ANY NON-WAIVABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS THAT APPLY TO YOU.
5. EXTERNAL SITES
The Site may contain links to third-party websites (“External Sites”). These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of such External Sites. The content of such External Sites is developed and provided by others. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or any content located on such External Sites. We are not responsible for the content of any linked External Sites and do not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such External Sites. You should take precautions when downloading files from all websites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access linked External Sites, you do so at your own risk.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, licensees, licensors, and assigns harmless from and against any damages, liabilities, losses, expenses, claims, actions, and/or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from: (i) your breach of any of your representations, warranties or other obligations under these Terms of Service; (ii) your use or misuse of the Site; and/or (iii) your violation of any third-party rights, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, property, publicity, or privacy right. We shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit, or proceeding. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control (at your expense) of any matter that is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting our defense of such matter.
7. COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS
The Site is based in the United States. We make no claims concerning whether the Site or Content may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access Site or Content from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk. Whether inside or outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate these Terms of Service and your access to all or any part of the Site, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. Sections 2, 6-12 shall survive the termination of these Terms of Service.
9. BINDING ARBITRATION
In the event of a dispute arising under or relating to these Terms of Service or the Site (each, a “Dispute”), such dispute will be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). Any election to arbitrate, at any time, shall be final and binding on the other party. NEITHER PARTY SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE SUCH CLAIM IN COURT OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL, EXCEPT EITHER PARTY MAY BRING ITS CLAIM IN ITS LOCAL SMALL CLAIMS COURT, IF PERMITTED BY THAT SMALL CLAIMS COURT RULES AND IF WITHIN SUCH COURT’S JURISDICTION. ARBITRATION IS DIFFERENT FROM COURT, AND DISCOVERY AND APPEAL RIGHTS MAY ALSO BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. All disputes will be resolved before a neutral arbitrator selected jointly by the parties, whose decision will be final, except for a limited right of appeal under the FAA. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted by JAMS pursuant to its then current Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures and in accordance with the Expedited Procedures in those rules, or, where appropriate, pursuant to JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures. All applicable JAMS’ rules and procedures are available at the JAMS website www.jamsadr.com. Each party will be responsible for paying any JAMS filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules. Judgment on the arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. If conducted in person, the arbitration shall take place in the United States county where you reside. The parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, to stay a proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator. The parties shall cooperate in good faith in the voluntary and informal exchange of all non-privileged documents and other information (including electronically stored information) relevant to the Dispute immediately after commencement of the arbitration. As set forth in Section 11 below, nothing in these Terms of Service will prevent us from seeking injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction as necessary to protect our proprietary interests.
10. CLASS ACTION WAIVER
You agree that any arbitration or proceeding shall be limited to the Dispute between us and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (i) no arbitration or proceeding shall be joined with any other; (ii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated or resolved on a class action-basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (iii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
11. EQUITABLE RELIEF
You acknowledge and agree that in the event of a breach or threatened violation of our intellectual property rights and confidential and proprietary information by you, we will suffer irreparable harm and will therefore be entitled to injunctive relief to enforce these Terms of Service. We may, without waiving any other remedies under these Terms of Service, seek from any court having jurisdiction any interim, equitable, provisional, or injunctive relief that is necessary to protect our rights and property pending the outcome of the arbitration referenced above.
These Terms of Service and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as making either party the partner, joint venturer, agent, legal representative, employer or employee of the other. Neither party shall have, or hold itself out to any third party as having, any authority to make any statements, representations or commitments of any kind, or to take any action that shall be binding on the other, except as provided for herein or authorized in writing by the party to be bound.
Our failure to act on or enforce any provision of these Terms of Service shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision or any other provision in these Terms of Service. No waiver shall be effective against us unless made in writing, and no such waiver shall be construed as a waiver in any other or subsequent instance. Except as expressly agreed by us and you in writing, these Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter, and supersedes all previous or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties with respect to the subject matter. The section headings are provided merely for convenience and shall not be given any legal import. These Terms of Service will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns, licensees, and sublicensees.
Copyright 2022 Knollwood Consulting Partners LLC. All rights reserved.